Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, December 30, 2006

How I Made It Through

Here is a list of ten movies or now-anthologized television series that I have turned to over and over and over again these last few years -- these endlessly sick, sad, stupid, insipid Bush years -- and somehow, no matter how many times I’ve watched them they’ve never once failed to bolster me, to cheer me up, to help me make it through.

I’m not saying that these are the greatest works ever made (though some of them really are great). I’m not saying these are my favorite things to watch in general (though some of them are, actually). Also, by the way, I’m not claiming that we actually have managed yet to “make it through” (since clearly we have a long hard slog ahead of us politically). But, anyway, for what it's worth, here's some of what has been my comfort media.

Anybody else have a list of media comfort food they’d like to share?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Arrested Development
The Awful Truth
Cold Comfort Farm
Galaxy Quest
A Mighty Wind
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Strangers With Candy
Trouble in Paradise
Zelig

1 comment:

Robin said...

Can I post a list that just has Futurama on it 10 times? :)

(Actually, Arrested Development was brilliant and I was sad when they cancelled it, and Galaxy Quest is a guilty pleasure of mine - guilty only because of the Tim Allen inclusion).

But ultimately, I think what it comes down to is I'm happiest just watching Futurama over and over.... (And maybe the Wizard of Oz) :)