Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Monday, March 03, 2008

And Now to Bed

As I said, I've been in the weeds all week, what with mid-terms and theses and lectures on my mind. Eric, sensing my distress has, in his infinite wisdom and with his perfect sense of timing, decided to tend bar, making us champagne cocktails -- my favorite! -- cheap champagne in a martini glass, replace the olive with a sugar cube saturated in Angostura bitters, delicious! -- and instead of reading theory, grading papers, organizing lecture notes, or annotating student work, I have now had three cocktails while we watched Ava Gardner, Richard Burton, and Deborah Kerr in Night of the Iguana and laughed our asses off, and now I'm going to bed. Even in the dark times, as Brecht pointed out, there will be singing. About the dark times.

1 comment:

jimf said...

> [W]e watched Ava Gardner, Richard Burton, and Deborah Kerr
> in Night of the Iguana and laughed our asses off. . .

And Grayson Hall. Let's not forget Grayson Hall!
(I guess you're too young to have been a _Dark Shadows_
addict. Pity. ;->)

http://www.darkshadowsonline.com/where-hall.html